Thursday, December 4, 2008



The purpose of this project was to make an animatic that portrays a certain genre of music. My genre was Salsa. I researched the instruments and origin of Salsa music. I also looked into the ever popular salsa dancing. Salsa dancing is passionate and sexy. I chose red for the background because red is know to be associated with passion, and love. Many female salsa dancers wear red dresses and red flowers in their hair. The rapidness of the beginning of my song made me want to use dancers in the beginning. The dancers are in an extreme pose to better stress the rapidness of the music. As the song slows down a little I switch to the instruments. The trumpets mimic the beat of the beat of the trumpets in the song. I then had the drums and cowbells move. There are many other instruments that are used in salsa music. I chose to use the drums, trumpet and cowbells because they are what I noticed the most in that song I chose.

No comments: